¡Bienvenidos! We teamed up with ¡Hola! Jalapeño, a popular Mexican-inspired food blog, to make this delicious Watermelon Prosecco Margarita for Margarita Week. We’re all about having a good time, and with Cinco de Mayo coming up, it’s the perfect opportunity to celebrate with a delicious margarita cocktail. So grab your glasses, a bottle of tequila, some prosecco, and lots of limes!
How to make watermelon prosecco margaritas
Updated 9/20/2022! To make this margarita (the second time around) we used a watermelon juice drink, silver (blanco) tequila, and chilled prosecco, which brings out the melon flavor profile and crispy, fruity aroma. You can also use champagne instead of prosecco if you’d like. We also used a traditional water and sugar recipe for simple syrup. If you don’t want to use a juice drink, you can also make your own fresh watermelon juice with just watermelon and water.
To make a frozen watermelon prosecco margarita or a watermelon prosecco slushie just combine all of the ingredients in a blender and add ice. Don’t forget salt or sugar for the rim! This recipe makes two drinks, but you can easily scale the ingredients to make a party pitcher for a celebration.
The difference between prosecco and champagne
There are a few differences between prosecco and champagne other than the price tag. Champagne is from the Champagne region of France, whereas prosecco comes from Italy. Prosecco is made from prosecco grapes, whereas champagne is mostly made from pinot noir and chardonnay grapes. Prosecco has flavors of melon, green apple, and pear. Champagne has flavors of peach and citrus. The price point for prosecco is lighter on the budget, but if you don’t mind splurging then you can use champagne instead!
How to make fresh watermelon juice
To make the watermelon juice for this fruity tequila recipe, combine 2 cups of chilled, chopped watermelon and 1/2 cup of water in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a sieve set over a bowl to help the juice through by pressing gently with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
30 Minute Mexican Recipes
Pair this summer tequila drink recipe with one of these delicious 30 minute Mexican-inspired recipes:
You can also check out these margarita recipes from some of our favorite food influencers around the globe!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 lime, divided
- coarse salt or sugar, for the rim
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 4 ounces watermelon juice drink, such as Simply Watermelon
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- Prosecco, chilled
- watermelon, for serving and garnish
- Combine water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to boil and whisk until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and let the mixture cool.
Watermelon Prosecco Margaritas
- Cut 1/2 of the lime into wedges and rim a glass with the wet, flesh side of the wedge; reserve the other half of the time to be used in a later of this recipe.
- Dip the glass rim in coarse salt or sugar to coat and fill the glass with ice.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, watermelon juice, simple syrup, and 1 ounce of fresh lime juice from the reserved lime. Shake for 30 seconds.
- Pour the drink mixture into the prepared glass and top off with a splash of Prosecco.
- Add lime wedges and fresh-cut watermelon for serving.
*To make a Frozen Watermelon Prosecco Margarita, pour the prepared drink mixture into a blender and add two cups of ice. Blend on high speed until combined.
Keywords: watermelon margarita prosecco, prosecco, watermelon, margarita, cocktail, summer drink cocktails, party punch, prosecco slushie, watermelon slushie, cinco de mayo, tequila recipes, summer tequila recipes